- The jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus), also known as jack tree, jackfruit, or sometimes simply jack or jak is a species of tree in the fig, mulberry, and breadfruit family (Moraceae).
- It is native to parts of South and Southeast Asia and is believed to have originated in Kerala’s lush green rain forests of the Western Ghats in the southern part of Indian subcontinent.
It is hailed as the miracle crop and is a nutritional bonanza. It’s a good source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. They are high in minerals like zinc, folate, iron, copper, calcium, vitamin(A,B6,C), magnesium, potassium, thiamine and riboflavin. They’re also rich in energy and free from saturated fats or cholesterol. The seeds are high in protein (with 7 grams per 100 grams).
Listed are few of the many health benefits of Jackfruit.
- Boosts Immune System. Jackfruit contains a wealth of antioxidants
- Jackfruit Improves Energy Levels
- Beneficial for the Cardiovascular System
- Control and eliminate Diabetics
- Increases Red Blood Cell Count and Prevents Anemia Continue reading
Using the exotic versatility of the fruit and inducing worldly flavours, we bring you the miracle fruit in a quick, ready to eat manner while retaining the fruits flavour, nutrition and simplicity. Our product is a labour of love and passion:
- Our Jack fruit is packed in retort pouches instead of cans. This means that there is no added salt, stabilisers or preservatives. Continue reading